I looked to Baker College where I could take courses in high school that would apply to my college degree.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Baker College Policing DayApril 28, 2017
Baker College would like to invite high school students interested in learning about potential law enforcement careers to Policing Day on April 28th. Current Baker College Criminal Justice students and graduates are also welcome.
Representatives from Michigan State Police, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Detroit Police Department, Wayne County Sheriff’s Department, United States Border Patrol, Oakland County Sheriff's Office, Flint Police Department, Corunna Police Chief, Durand Police Chief, Lennon Police Chief, Owosso Police Chief, and Shiawassee Sheriff Brian BeGole will be attending. There will be an opportunity to meet representatives from multiple policing agencies, tour of the campus, and attend presentations and live demonstrations.
This is a free event and lunch will be provided. Space is limited so please RSVP as soon as possible. RSVPs can be sent to [email protected] or by phone at (989) 729-3350. We hope to see you there!
9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Welcome
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Program
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Baker Student/Graduate Program
Baker College of Owosso Welcome Center
1309 S. M-52
Owosso, MI 48867
$0; lunch will be provided.
Call Julie at (989) 729-3350 or email [email protected]return
- How do I apply for a student loan?Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin. If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
- How do online classes work?After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- Is Baker College Online accredited?Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan. As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education. All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker accredited?Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.