Baker was the best choice, because I got the training that I needed.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
In teaching, your life has purpose every day.
Prepare for a rewarding career.
Teaching ranks as one of the world’s most important professions. Our hope for the future grows out of the education we provide for our students today. Teaching is challenging work, but knowing you’ve made a difference in someone’s life provides a deep satisfaction and sense of purpose that few professions can match.
There is plenty of opportunity. Many teachers are approaching retirement age, and qualified teachers in some areas, such as math and science, are in short supply. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the demand will be high for both public and private school teachers throughout the next decade.
Baker offers bachelor degree programs and postbaccalaureate certificates in elementary and secondary education. So whether you’re entering the field, or looking to add to your credentials, you can find a program that’s right for you.
Baker also offers certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs for early childhood education and child care professions.
Baker College prepares you for your career in education through a curriculum designed with input from teachers, administrators, and other education professionals, ensuring that what you learn is what today’s students really need. Just as importantly, your courses are taught by teaching professionals, who share their years of real-world experience with you every day.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- Additional Endorsement - Early Childhood Education ZA to ZSPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education)Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary HistoryPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary Language ArtsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary EnglishPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary HistoryPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Higher EducationMaster of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Educational Leadership: K-12Master of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Elementary Teacher Preparation - Language ArtsBachelor of Science in Education
- Elementary Teacher Preparation - MathematicsBachelor of Science in Education
- Elementary Teacher Preparation - Social StudiesBachelor of Science in Education
- Elementary Teacher Preparation Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education)Bachelor of Science in Education
- Level Change - Elementary EducationPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Elementary Education and Early Childhood EducationPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Secondary EnglishPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Secondary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Secondary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - English / History MinorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - English / Mathematics MajorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - English / Mathematics MinorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - English / Social Studies MajorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Mathematics / English MinorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Mathematics / History MinorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Mathematics / Social Studies MajorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Social Studies / English MinorBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Social Studies / Mathematics MinorBachelor of Science in Education
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?
To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org.
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
An Introduction to Your Life at Baker College
The Academic Welcome Experience provides students with a smooth and helpful transition to college life. Students will become familiar with campus life, academic requirements, student expectations, learning environments, and the many services and resources available to them. It is also an important time for forming relationships and connections with fellow students, program advisors, and other members of the Baker College community.
Throughout the Academic Welcome Experience, students participate in a wide array of academic, intellectual, social, and professional experiences available at Baker College. Students connect with their advisors and participate in informational sessions aimed toward exploring career opportunities, networking with professionals in their fields, and sharing program information.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.