I think the strength of Baker faculty is that they are in the work force.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Develop design and communication skills.
Create your own bright future.
Design and media are an essential way people communicate in today’s increasingly connected world. People with professional design skills combine technology with their knowledge and creativity to solve design problems, and develop products, ideas, and spaces that influence and inspire others.
A degree in a design-based discipline can take your interest in solving problems and your passion for art and technology to new heights. Jobs with the most opportunities for growth, and the highest salaries, require specialized training and experience.
Baker College design and media programs include both classroom instruction and work experience to fully prepare our graduates for their careers. Our programs concentrate exclusively on career areas with the highest demand, resulting in one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country.
At Baker, you can choose among certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs in a number of design and media disciplines.
As a student, you learn from instructors who are working professionals, who have years of experience in the field. Our advisory boards are made up of employers, who help us make sure that our programs meet today’s real-world demands. When you graduate, you’ll have the solid knowledge and technical foundation you need to let your creativity thrive as you pursue your career.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- Computer Aided DesignAssociate of Applied Science
- Digital Media DesignAssociate of Applied Science
- Digital Media DesignBachelor of Digital Media Technology
- Digital Video ProductionAssociate of Applied Science
- Digital Video ProductionBachelor of Digital Media Technology
- Game Software DevelopmentBachelor of Science
- Interior DesignAssociate of Applied Science
- Interior DesignBachelor of Interior Design
- Web DevelopmentAssociate of Applied Science
- Web DevelopmentBachelor of Web Development
- How do I apply for a student loan?Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin. If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
- How do online classes work?After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- Is Baker College Online accredited?Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan. As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education. All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker accredited?Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Additional AccreditationsBaker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
An Introduction to Your Life at Baker College
The Academic Welcome Experience provides students with a smooth and helpful transition to college life. Students will become familiar with campus life, academic requirements, student expectations, learning environments, and the many services and resources available to them. It is also an important time for forming relationships and connections with fellow students, program advisors, and other members of the Baker College community.
Throughout the Academic Welcome Experience, students participate in a wide array of academic, intellectual, social, and professional experiences available at Baker College. Students connect with their advisors and participate in informational sessions aimed toward exploring career opportunities, networking with professionals in their fields, and sharing program information.
There’s a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.