Associate of Business
There are certain things that you can learn by book, but there are other things that you just have to learn by experience. By having somebody who has already done it and had the experience, it’s easier…– Niki Nichols Baker Graduate
Look no further for a dynamic, business-driven program which will offer employment in today’s competitive work environment. This associate degree prepares the student with a complex blend of technology skills, business communication, and management skills needed to be a key administrator in an office or department. Administrative professionals are organized, adaptable, creative problem-solvers, and recognize the importance of taking initiative while multi-tasking in a busy office setting. This program offers a career path for students focused on learning all aspects of the administrative support field while offering additional training for those professionals already working in the field.
As an Administrative Professional, you have career opportunities in every geographical area and in every type of business.
In this program, you will:
- Focus on developing high-demand traditional office skills.
- Learn a variety of software programs and microcomputer applications.
- Gain hands-on experience through an internship and/or cooperative education.
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
- The average annual salary for a Secretary is about $29,200.
- For Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, the average is about $40,700.
- Employment for Secretaries and Administrative Assistants is expected to increase 9 percent by 2016, which is about average.
- About 9 out of 10 Secretaries and Administrative Assistants are employed in industries that provide services, including Education, Health Care, Government, and Retail trade.
- Some work part-time or in temporary positions. Others work half-time by sharing their job with another individual.