Associate of Applied Science
Every student that gets into a technical program in a technical class will have their own computer; they will not share with anyone else.– Morris Fulcher Campus Associate Dean, Computer Information Systems
Computer Animation skills are in high demand in our media-rich society. The explosion of the Internet, animated movies, and other interactive media such as cable and computer gaming have created enormous demand for computing specialists with animation skills. The Computer Animation program prepares you with a strong foundation for a career in interactive media, Web 3D, animation, video game development, and video effects.
In this program, you will:
- Learn practical job skills in graphics and Web design, state-of-the-art computer animation, and visual effects software.
- Study concept and character development.
- Learn and develop skills in Web design and programming as well as interactive design and development.
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
- The average annual wage for multi-media and Computer Animators is $61,000.
- Employment is expected to increase 16 percent, which is faster than average.
- Many people in this field are self-employed. They set their own working hours and spend significant time and effort communicating with potential clients and building a reputation.
- Others work freelance part-time while they hold a full-time job.