… an experienced person can make up to $100,000 a year quite easily.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Prepare for achievement and advancement.
Turn your talent into a rewarding, high-growth career.
Few fields are growing and changing as fast as computers and information technology. That means there’s a strong need for professionals with the specialized and up-to-date skills to develop, manage, upgrade, and secure computer-based systems and applications.
As computer-driven technology continues to advance, the range of computer-related careers is wider than ever before. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that average employment in nearly all computer information systems occupations will grow much faster than any other occupation.
Just as importantly, salaries are higher, too. The average salary in this industry is almost twice as high as in the general economy, and people in the top 25% typically make six-figure annual salaries. Baker Undergraduate and Graduate programs have been developed specifically for students who seek a real-world focus and practical application.
At Baker, you can choose among certificate, associate, and bachelor, and master degree programs in a variety of computer technologies. So whether you’re just entering the field, or looking to advance, Baker has a program that fits your goals for a successful CIS career.
Baker College prepares you for your career in computer information systems through carefully designed undergraduate and graduate level programs that include both classroom instruction and work experience. Each program has an Advisory Board made up of employers in the field, who work with us to design the curriculum and update it regularly, so that our degree programs meet the demands of today’s workplaces.
As a Baker student, you are assured of gaining the theoretical and practical knowledge you need, along with the problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills that employers look for. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to work as part of a team—ready to take on new challenges and grow in your job.
Undergraduate level program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more. Graduate level programs are only available online.
- Business Intelligence (MSIS)Master of Science in Information Systems
- Computer Aided DesignAssociate of Applied Science
- Computer AnimationAssociate of Applied Science
- Computer ProgrammingAssociate of Applied Science
- Computer ScienceBachelor of Computer Science
- Cyber DefenseBachelor of Science
- Database TechnologyBachelor of Computer Science
- Digital Media DesignAssociate of Applied Science
- Digital Media DesignBachelor of Digital Media Technology
- Digital Video ProductionAssociate of Applied Science
- Digital Video ProductionBachelor of Digital Media Technology
- Game Software DevelopmentBachelor of Science
- Information SystemsBachelor of Science
- Information Systems (MSIS)Master of Science in Information Systems
- Information Technology and SecurityBachelor of Science
- Information Technology: Computer Networking Technology - CISCOAssociate of Applied Science
- Information Technology: Computer Networking Technology - MicrosoftAssociate of Applied Science
- Information Technology: Cyber SecurityAssociate of Applied Science
- Information Technology: IT Support SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Information Technology: Linux/Unix Systems TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Mobile Application Software EngineeringBachelor of Science
- Project Management and PlanningBachelor of Information Systems
- Web DevelopmentAssociate of Applied Science
- Web DevelopmentBachelor of Web Development
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?
To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org.
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
An Introduction to Your Life at Baker College
The Academic Welcome Experience provides students with a smooth and helpful transition to college life. Students will become familiar with campus life, academic requirements, student expectations, learning environments, and the many services and resources available to them. It is also an important time for forming relationships and connections with fellow students, program advisors, and other members of the Baker College community.
Throughout the Academic Welcome Experience, students participate in a wide array of academic, intellectual, social, and professional experiences available at Baker College. Students connect with their advisors and participate in informational sessions aimed toward exploring career opportunities, networking with professionals in their fields, and sharing program information.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.