About the Program
Baker College’s College of Information Technology and Engineering is proud to partner with the Department of Defense to offer the Cyber Scholarship Program (DoD CySP).
This is an external scholarship opportunity offered by Baker College but fulfilled through the Department of Defense (DoD). This means that eligible students can take advantage of this scholarship via applicable, eligible academic programs offered at Baker College.
The DoD CySP program:
- Provides students the opportunity to learn first-hand and contribute to securing our nation against the threat of information systems and networks
- Allows consideration for full-time employment after graduation and completion of the program
- Provides progressive, hands-on experience through structured internships with select DoD Components during academic breaks
What the Scholarship Provides
Students selected as DoD CySP Scholars will receive:
- Full tuition and required fees (which may include institutional health care programs)
- Required books from the institution- or degree-specific required book list (does not include books that are optional for the class)
- A one-time laptop/computer purchase
- Stipend to cover room and board
Students are required to agree to provide one year of service to the DoD upon graduation for each year or partial year that the scholarship is received, in addition to an internship.
To be eligible for the DoD CySP Scholarship, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Have the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Have a declared major in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cyber or with a concentration in cybersecurity
All College of Information Technology and Engineering majors and Business Management/Business Administration students (with a cybersecurity focus) are encouraged to apply.
Want to know more? Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions.
February 1, 2024
Deadline for application submissions
April 5, 2024
Final student selection process occurs
April 26, 2024
Final announcement of scholarship offers will occur
How to Apply
Submit your application on the Department of Defense Scholarship Program website.