Baker Medical Assistant students in the classroom.
Baker College and Munson Healthcare have partnered again to offer a nine-month medical assistant apprenticeship program to help students jumpstart their healthcare careers.
Students who are accepted into the apprenticeship will work full-time while attending lectures and laboratory training through Baker College’s Medical Assistant Certificate Program. Upon completion of the program, apprentices will have the opportunity to complete the AAMA certification exam to become Certified Medical Assistants. Not only are apprentices paid, but they also receive free Baker College tuition, which is covered by Munson Healthcare and Michigan Works!
Apprentices will be responsible for a variety of clinical duties and administrative tasks, such as coding, scheduling, filling out insurance forms, documenting and updating medical records, explaining treatments, preparing patients for examinations, and more. There are currently multiple openings for the program, which starts August 28, 2023. Interested candidates should follow the steps outlined below.
Application Process and Next Steps
- Submit your online application
- Candidates will be contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview
- If selected, candidates will complete a paper application for the program and apply for admission to Baker College
- Interview with Munson Healthcare managers
- If offered an apprenticeship, candidate will apply for funding with Michigan Works!
Program start date: August 28, 2023