Michigan Veteran-Friendly Schools Program Silver-Level Badge
Baker College has earned the 2022-2023 Silver Level designation from Michigan’s Veteran-Friendly Schools.
The Michigan Veteran-Friendly Schools Program recognizes academic institutions committed to supporting the needs of veterans and military-connected students. Institutions are awarded Gold-, Silver-, and Bronze-level status based on their veteran-centric services and programs. Any Michigan academic institution or training facility eligible to receive veteran education benefits can apply for the program.
Criteria are determined by each institution’s ability to meet standards in seven categories, including:
- Established process for identification of current student veterans
- Veteran-specific website
- Active student veteran organization or club
- Veteran-specific career services, resources, advising, and/or outcome monitoring
- On-campus veterans’ coordinator and/or designated staff point of contact
- System to evaluate and award academic credit based on prior military training and experience
- Monitoring and evaluation of student veteran academic retention, progress, and graduation rates
Institutions that satisfy four of the above standards are awarded the Silver Level title. Baker College meets or exceeds standards by offering its veterans an application fee waiver, priority class registration, an on-site veteran’s lounge and special veteran recognition during graduation ceremonies.
Baker College proudly serves a population of 192 military veterans. For more information about Baker College’s veteran’s-friendly options, visit Baker’s website at https://www.baker.edu/admissions-and-aid/other/veterans/.