We proudly announce the recipients of the 2018-2019 Baker College Leadership Scholarship. This year’s awardees are Amy Penrod (Flint), Angela Hollis (Online), Corinne Schrotenboer (Cadillac), Dudly Harris (Online), Jadyn Midkiff (Muskegon), Katlyn Tomsa (Cadillac), Kimberly Recca (Online), Leslie Tayler (Online), Nataki Bush (Online), and Tonja Brice (Online).
On May 15th, 2018, ten undergraduate students were selected to receive the scholarship by our scholarship committee. The field was comprised of 80 qualified applicants. Students were required to (1) complete a scholarship application, (2) submit a 250-500 word essay explaining why the student should be selected for the scholarship based on their commitment to community service or commitment to work and family, and (3) provide at least one letter of recommendation from their community organization or employer. The scholarship application deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year was April 15, 2018.
In addition to the aforementioned requirements, applicants also needed to have a junior or senior grade level (a minimum of 60 earned semester credits), be pursuing a bachelor degree, have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA at the end of the fall 2017 semester, and be registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours during the summer or fall 2018 semesters in order to qualify to receive scholarship funds.
“A large number of the applicants were highly qualified and showed outstanding leadership skills, both through volunteerism and balancing their school, family and work schedules. While this competition made the selection process more difficult, it certainly made us BakerProud of our students,” said Linda Katrinic, Baker College System Vice President for Financial Aid.
All recipients were awarded $2,500 toward their institutional charges. Scholarship funds could be awarded during the summer 2018 semester if the student was not attending in the fall. Also, funds could be divided between the fall and spring semesters at the student’s request.
For more information on Baker College scholarships, please visit www.baker.edu > Admissions & Aid > Scholarships.
2018-2019 Baker College Leadership Scholarship Recipients
- Amy Penrod (Flint campus – Electrical Engineering)
- Angela Hollis (Online campus – Healthcare Administration)
- Corinne Schrotenboer (Cadillac campus – Nursing (Pre-licensure))
- Dudly Harris (Online campus – Database Technology)
- Jadyn Midkiff (Muskegon campus – Nursing (Pre-licensure))
- Katlyn Tomsa (Cadillac campus – Nursing (Pre-licensure))
- Kimberly Recca (Online campus – Business Administration)
- Leslie A. Tayler (Online campus – Healthcare Administration)
- Nataki Bush (Online campus – Psychology)
- Tonja Brice (Online campus – Psychology)