- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
The Baker Center for Graduate Studies
The Baker Center for Graduate Studies offers you the opportunity to increase your knowledge, broaden your understanding, and develop specialized skills beyond your Baccalaureate degree.
Baker offers you flexible course scheduling and learning formats to accommodate busy schedules. You can choose a master’s or doctoral level program in the field of business, psychology, information systems, educational leadership, or occupational therapy.
See what we have to offer, and then contact us to learn more about how Baker College can help you prepare to advance in your career.
Recent NewsSee all news
Baker College Celebrates Graduates in Flint at June 3 and 12 Commencement Cer...
Still Time to Enroll for Spring Quarter at Baker College; Classes Begin April...
- Do online students have access to a library?
As a Baker College student, you:
- Can use any of the nine campus libraries, and access most of them online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can browse the Baker library collections as well as many other libraries all over North America.
- Have access to journal articles, which can be downloaded from the online databases.
Our online library provides a variety of services to help you with your research. Talk with your Development Coordinator to learn more.
- How big are online classes?
Our online classes are smaller than on-ground classes, and typically have 12-15 students.
- Is there a regular classroom I can sit in the back of the room and listen if I don't want to participate in the online classroom?
In online classes, participation is the key to feeing like you're part of a learning community, and helps you stay motivated. Online, learning takes place through the sharing of ideas, thoughts, questions, and frustrations. Asynchronous discussions give everyone the opportunity to think and reflect and give feedback, and for that reason, many students discover that they prefer this type of learning.
- Is it possible to talk to my online instructor and fellow classmates in private?
Yes. Essentially the Blackboard system is a conferencing (or e-mail) system designed specifically to deliver online courses. You can use either their personal e-mail account or your virtual classroom for private communication. Remember, only students enrolled in that classroom will be able to join in the discussion or view course material.
- Is an online course easier than an on-ground course?
The level of difficulty is about the same, but the focus of the work is different. For example, your focus in an online course is on reading and writing. This is not true in an on-ground classroom setting where part of your participation is listening. Aural learners may have difficulty in accepting this more visual learning process.
Military Friendly…to me means just one thing; at the end of the day, we're serving the student.