Baker provides a more professional atmosphere. The professors bring experience to the classroom.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- 100% Online Options
- America's Leading Career College
- Baker College Online Orientation Course
- Employer/Industry Advisory Boards
- High Graduate Employment Rate
- Lifetime Employment Assistance
- On-ground Programs Adapted for Online Delivery
- Real World Instructors
- Regionally Accredited
- Small Class Sizes
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Prepare for achievement.
Start with an education that opens more doors.
Successful businesses need people with well-developed business skills—people who have the knowledge to hit the ground running, and be productive quickly. Adding a business degree to your resume helps you increase your opportunities for employment, advancement, job security, and higher earnings over your lifetime.
A business degree can help you get a better job, and there’s strong demand for business professionals at every level. In fact, The National Association of Colleges and Employers Job Outlook 2010 reports that business degree holders are among the most in-demand graduates in the U.S.
Baker College programs concentrate exclusively on career areas with the highest demand. We have one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, giving you the best chance for a successful career.
Baker College prepares you for your career in business through carefully designed programs that include both classroom instruction and work experience. Each program has an Advisory Board made up of the employers in the field, who work with us to design the curriculum and update it regularly, helping to ensure that our degree programs meet the demands of today’s workplaces.
As a Baker student, you’re assured of gaining the theoretical and practical knowledge you need, along with the problem-solving and decision-making skills that employers look for. When you graduate, you’ll be ready to work as part of a team, ready to take on new challenges, and grow in your job.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- AccountingAssociate of Business
- AccountingBachelor of Business Administration
- AccountingPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- AccountingMaster of Business Administration
- Accounting/Computer Information SystemsAssociate of Business
- Accounting/ManagementAssociate of Business
- Administrative ProfessionalAssociate of Business
- Aviation ManagementBachelor of Aviation Management
- Business AdministrationDoctoral of Business Administration
- Business Administration - Accelerated ProgramBachelor of Business Administration
- Business IntelligenceMaster of Business Administration
- Educational Leadership: Higher EducationMaster of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Emergency Services ManagementAssociate of Applied Science
- EntrepreneurshipAssociate of Business
- Entrepreneurship - Articulated CreditAssociate of Business
- FinanceBachelor of Business Administration
- FinanceMaster of Business Administration
- Food and Beverage ManagementAssociate of Applied Science
- Food and Beverage ManagementBachelor of Food and Beverage Management
- General BusinessAssociate of Business
- General BusinessMaster of Business Administration
- General StudiesBachelor of General Studies
- Health Care ManagementMaster of Business Administration
- Hospitality ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- Human Resource ManagementAssociate of Business
- Human Resource ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- Human Resource ManagementMaster of Business Administration
- Information SystemsMaster of Business Administration
- Leadership StudiesMaster of Business Administration
- ManagementAssociate of Business
- ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- MarketingAssociate of Business
- MarketingBachelor of Business Administration
- MarketingMaster of Business Administration
- Project Management and PlanningBachelor of Information Systems
- Project Management and PlanningPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Service Management - Automotive/DieselBachelor of Service Management
- Supply Chain ManagementAssociate of Business
- Supply Chain ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is regionally accredited—the highest level of accreditation awarded in the U.S.—by The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Learning
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, regionally accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the following regional institutional accreditor: The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: http://www.hlcommission.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- How do I apply for a student loan?
Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin.
If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
If you are a returning student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Strategies (COL111A) or College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.