Going to Baker gave me the confidence I needed; it made me feel like I still had something to offer.
- Programs & Degrees
- Agriculture Technologies
- Auto / Diesel
- Business / Management
- Computer Technologies
- Culinary Arts
- Design & Media
- General Education Electives
- General Education Requirements
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Legal Studies
- Public Safety
- Transportation Technologies
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- 100% Online Options
- America's Leading Career College
- Baker College Online Orientation Course
- Employer/Industry Advisory Boards
- High Graduate Employment Rate
- Lifetime Employment Assistance
- On-ground Programs Adapted for Online Delivery
- Real World Instructors
- Regionally Accredited
- Small Class Sizes
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Kickstart your career.
Prepare to move forward.
Baker College, founded in 1911, is Michigan’s largest, private, not-for-profit, independent college with 9 campuses and nearly 40,000 students. In the mid-1990s, we were one of the first colleges to embrace the concept of online classes. Today, our online school is one of America’s largest with over 40 regionally accredited degree programs delivered 100% online, and more than 25,000 students worldwide.
Quick. Convienient. Affordable.
Our goal is to help you earn your degree quickly, conveniently, and affordably. With six-week quarters and classes available 100% online, you can attend college on your own schedule, and earn your degree faster than you might think. Baker Online tuition is less than half the price of other major online colleges. Plus, an abundance of financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
Your success. Today and tomorrow.
Baker's proven, on-campus curriculum is optimized for online delivery to ensure the best learning experience. We provide you with an Online Orientation Course to prepare you for the online environment before you begin classes. You also have a First Year Advisor to answer questions, provide guidance, and help you succeed.
Baker is a career college, and we’ve designed our programs to provide you with the most marketable skills for the fastest-growing fields and professions. Every program we offer has an Advisory Board made up of actual employers to ensure that our degree programs meet the demands of the real world.
As a Baker student, you’re assured of gaining the theoretical and practical knowledge you need, along with the problem-solving and decision-making skills that employers look for. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to work as part of a team, ready to take on new challenges and grow in your job.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- AccountingAssociate of Business
- AccountingBachelor of Business Administration
- AccountingPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- AccountingMaster of Business Administration
- Accounting/Computer Information SystemsAssociate of Business
- Accounting/ManagementAssociate of Business
- Business AdministrationDoctoral of Business Administration
- Business IntelligenceMaster of Business Administration
- Computer ProgrammingAssociate of Applied Science
- Computer ScienceBachelor of Computer Science
- Criminal JusticeBachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Database TechnologyBachelor of Computer Science
- Educational Leadership: Higher EducationMaster of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Educational Leadership: P-12Master of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Emergency Services ManagementAssociate of Applied Science
- FinanceBachelor of Business Administration
- FinanceMaster of Business Administration
- Game Software DevelopmentBachelor of Computer Science
- General BusinessAssociate of Business
- General BusinessMaster of Business Administration
- General StudiesBachelor of General Studies
- Health Care ManagementMaster of Business Administration
- Health Services AdministrationBachelor of Health Service Administration
- Human Resource ManagementAssociate of Business
- Human Resource ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- Human Resource ManagementMaster of Business Administration
- Industrial/Organizational PsychologyMaster of Science in I/O Psychology
- Information SystemsBachelor of Information Systems
- Information SystemsMaster of Business Administration
- Information Systems (MSIS)Master of Science in Information Systems
- Information Technology and SecurityBachelor of Information Technology and Security
- Information Technology: IT Support SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Leadership StudiesMaster of Business Administration
- ManagementAssociate of Business
- ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- MarketingAssociate of Business
- MarketingBachelor of Business Administration
- MarketingMaster of Business Administration
- Mobile Application Software EngineeringBachelor of Computer Science
- Nursing - Post-Licensure BSNBachelor of Science in Nursing
- Occupational TherapyMaster of Occupational Therapy
- Project Management and PlanningBachelor of Information Systems
- Project Management and PlanningPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- PsychologyBachelor of Science in Psychology
- Supply Chain ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- Web DevelopmentCertificate
- Web DevelopmentAssociate of Applied Science
- Web DevelopmentBachelor of Web Development
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is regionally accredited—the highest level of accreditation awarded in the U.S.—by The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Learning
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, regionally accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the following regional institutional accreditor: The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: http://www.hlcommission.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- How do I apply for a student loan?
Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin.
If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
If you are a returning student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Strategies (COL111A) or College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.