When I was working on my undergraduate degree, I did not realize the amount of tutoring help or career service help that was available to me. Do not make the same mistake as you are working on your degree from Baker College! Are you struggling in one of your courses? Do you need help with preparing for finals? Are you looking for a job or shifting careers, and don’t know where to start? Don’t worry! There are services available to you!
There are various Tutoring Services available to you as a current Baker College student! You can receive help with the following:
- Struggling in a course? You can get tutoring help in a specific course (math, English, nursing, health science, business, and more!).
- Are you conducting research for any course and/or writing a paper that needs outside sources? You can receive one-on-one assistance with locating sources or following APA formatting.
- Looking for a new job? You can receive help creating and/or editing your resume and cover letter, or assistance with other career search-related items (mock interviews, help with LinkedIn profile, Handshake help, ACE Assignments, etc.)
If you are a Baker College alumnus, welcome back! There are still career services available to you. You can receive the following:
- Help creating and/or editing your resume and cover letter.
- Assistance with other career search-related items (mock interviews, help with LinkedIn profile, Handshake help, etc.).
With going to school, family, working, trying to have fun and enjoy some free-time, sometimes it is hard to find time for ourselves in regards to working with a tutor. Don’t have time to meet on specific days, times, or locations? No problem! There are different appointment types available that will suit your time and busy schedule:
- In the Virtual Academic Resource Center, you can schedule a synchronous appointment (work with a consultant virtually, in real time), or an asynchronous appointment (upload a document and receive feedback from a consultant within 24-hours).
- If you would prefer to meet with a consultant at a specific Baker campus location, you can choose the specific location.
- You can also work with a Library consultant, listed on the Library Assistance page, who can assist with locating sources, research help, and APA formatting.
If you would like to work with a professional tutor or consultant, or a librarian, go to the following URL to make an appointment: https://baker.mywconline.com.
Don’t forget about MyBaker! The above can also be found by locating the Library and Learning Support Services pages in the MyBaker portal by clicking on the following: My Services > Department Resources > Academic Resource Center. When in the Academic Resource Center tile in MyBaker, you will see Library and Learning Support Services.
The “Library” tile contains APA help, articles and databases, book search, library assistance, and many other services related to locating sources and receiving assistance from a librarian.
The “Learning Support Services” tile contains information about tutoring availability in the Virtual Academic Resource Center, as well as the campus-based Academic Resource Centers, along with information about waiver testing and software.
All of these services are free to use, so make the “write” choice, and take advantage of them!
For additional questions or help with making an appointment, contact Tutoring Services at [email protected].