There’s a place for an accountant in every business—in every industry...
- Programs & Degrees
- 12 Reasons to Choose Baker
- Academic Calendar
- Apply Online
- Auburn Hills Financial Awareness Night
- Contact Us
- Cost of Study
- Dual Enrollment / Direct Credit
- Graduate Studies
- International Students
- Military Friendly
- New Student Orientation
- Online Learning
- Request Information
- Schedule a Visit
- Transfer Credits
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Prepare for achievement.
Start with an education that opens more doors.
Successful businesses need people with well-developed business skills — people who have the knowledge to hit the ground running, and quickly be as productive as possible. Adding business skills and degrees to your résumé helps you do that, increasing your opportunities for employment, advancement, job security, and higher earnings over your lifetime.
A business degree can help you get a better job, and there’s strong demand for business professionals at every level. In fact, The National Association of Colleges and Employers Job Outlook 2010 reports that business degree holders are among the most in-demand graduates in the U.S.
Because Baker College programs concentrate exclusively on career areas with the highest demand, we have one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country. And that gives you the best chance for a successful career.
Bring Your Own Device Initiative
Beginning winter 2015, all students enrolled in a business program* at Baker College are required to bring your own (portable/mobile) device to class. These devices are available at your campus bookstore. We have worked diligently to choose quality products at affordable prices. If you already own a device you are not required to purchase another.
*This does not apply to Paralegal students.
Baker College prepares you for your career in business through carefully designed programs that include both classroom instruction and work experience. Each program has an Advisory Board made up of the employers in the field, who work with us to design the curriculum and update it regularly, helping to ensure that our degree programs meet the demands of today’s workplaces.
As a Baker student, you’re assured of gaining the theoretical and practical knowledge you need, along with the problem-solving and decision-making skills that employers look for. When you graduate, you’ll be ready to work as part of a team, ready to take on new challenges and grow in your job.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- AccountingAssociate of Business
- AccountingBachelor of Business Administration
- AccountingMaster of Business Administration
- Administrative ProfessionalAssociate of Business
- Baking and PastryCertificate
- Baking and PastryAssociate of Applied Science
- Business AdministrationAssociate of Business
- Business AdministrationDoctorate of Business Administration
- Business Administration - Accelerated ProgramBachelor of Business Administration
- Business IntelligenceMaster of Business Administration
- Culinary ArtsAssociate of Applied Science
- EntrepreneurshipAssociate of Business
- Entrepreneurship - Articulated CreditAssociate of Business
- FinanceBachelor of Business Administration
- FinanceMaster of Business Administration
- Food and Beverage ManagementAssociate of Applied Science
- Food and Beverage ManagementBachelor of Food and Beverage Management
- General BusinessAssociate of Business
- General BusinessMaster of Business Administration
- Human Resource ManagementAssociate of Business
- Human Resource ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- Legal StudiesBachelor of Science
- ManagementAssociate of Business
- ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- MarketingAssociate of Business
- MarketingBachelor of Business Administration
- MarketingMaster of Business Administration
- ParalegalAssociate of Business
- Supply Chain ManagementAssociate of Business
- Supply Chain ManagementBachelor of Business Administration
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?
To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org.
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Strategies (COL111A) or College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.