- Programs & Degrees
- 12 Reasons to Choose Baker
- Academic Calendar
- Apply Online
- Auburn Hills Financial Awareness Night
- Contact Us
- Cost of Study
- Dual Enrollment / Direct Credit
- Graduate Studies
- International Students
- Military Friendly
- New Student Orientation
- Online Learning
- Request Information
- Schedule a Visit
- Transfer Credits
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
On-campus and online.
All the resources to help you succeed.
Books, articles, videos, databases. You’ll find them all in our state-of-the-art libraries, on-campus and online, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All Baker College libraries are linked through the Internet, so you have access to information, books, research, and other resources throughout the entire Baker College system, along with more than 100 online resources.
When you have questions or need assistance, visit your campus Academic Resource Center, and talk with a librarian. You can also text us at (810) 771-8959 or Ask Us online. We're here to help.
- Do online students have access to a library?
As a Baker College student, you:
- Can use any of the nine campus libraries, and access most of them online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can browse the Baker library collections as well as many other libraries all over North America.
- Have access to journal articles, which can be downloaded from the online databases.
Our online library provides a variety of services to help you with your research. Talk with your Development Coordinator to learn more.
- Where can I find practice tests for my exam?
First, search for the name of your exam in Baker's Book Catalog or the Michigan eLibrary (MeL). We can send books to your campus library for you to pick up. You will need your 14-digit Library Card number, which can be found on the back of your Baker ID Card or in SOLAR.
Baker also subscribes to Learning Express Library, a database that specializes in providing practice exams.
- Visit the Baker Library Articles and Databases.
- Click on the Practice Tests and Career category.
- Click on Learning Express Library.
- Is there online tutoring for APA styles?
Online students can find help with APA citations and formatting in their Blackboard classroom.
- Cick the Online Tutoring button on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on Schedules.
- Click on English (between Economics and Finance).
- Click the Enroll button next to APA Questions & Answers Classroom.
- Click Submit.
After you enroll in the APA Classroom, you'll find all the available APA-related resources. You can also ask questions on the Discussion Board, which is monitored by Baker's online librarians. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
- Why can't I see my library articles?
Our library may not currently include the full-text article. Only about 60% of a database includes full-text articles; the other 40% is citations and abstracts.
- Check the E-Journals A-Z to see if another database in our collection offers the full-text article you want.
- If you are asked to enter a barcode number or library card number, enter the 14-digit number located on the back of your student ID; it starts with 235. If the full-text article is available, you will get access.
- If you cannot find the full-text article, submit a request using the online request form. We will supply the full article from our in-house collection or get it from another agency.
In future searches of the database for articles, choose the limit option, Full Text, before you click Search. This ensures your list of articles will only include those which are full-text online.
If you need further help, please contact your campus librarian, and someone will work with you individually.
- How do I retrieve my bookmarked articles?
Most databases have an option to mark selected articles for later viewing. After you select the articles you wish to view, look at the top of the page for a link labeled "Marked" or "Saved Documents" or something similar. This will take you to a page with the articles you marked.
These selections are saved during your current session. If you close your browser, they will be gone.
To save your selections for a future session, you must create an account within the database. Each database also has an e-mail option and a download option, which you can use to save articles to your flash drive or computer.
You can also copy the citation information (title, author, etc.) to find it again later.
Do not save articles by copying the URL (web address) from your browser. These URLs are not static; they will not take you back to the article.
If you need further help finding your bookmarked articles, please contact your campus librarian.