Did you know there is a program in Michigan that will not only pay your college tuition as well as provide an additional stipend, but also will provide you an apprenticeship for on-site work experience and a guaranteed job when you graduate? Sounds too good to be true, right? Then you should get to know MAT2.
What is MAT2?
MAT2– the Michigan Advanced Technician Training Program – is an innovative approach to education, designed to advance Michigan’s skilled trade professions. This hands-on, competency-based educational and apprenticeship program has students alternate between classroom instruction and on-the-job training.
Baker College’s MAT2 program boasts 23 industry partners who provide on-site job training and post-graduate full-time employment to all of its MAT2 students. MAT2 graduates are trained in mechatronics and able to identify, troubleshoot and repair essentially any and every type of manufacturing equipment and/or system, and are employed everywhere from metal foundries to state-of-the-art robotics laboratories.
Is MAT2 Right for You?
MAT2 is the definition of hands-on learning. It also requires discipline and commitment. So how do you know if you should be vying for one of the selective program’s available spots? If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, MAT2 at Baker College may be right for you.
- Do you consider yourself a tinkerer? Have you ever taken something apart, just to see if you could put it back together?
- Do you want a profession that is in high demand?
- Do you enjoy STEM-based activities and challenges?
- Do you want to graduate college with a degree and a guaranteed job?
- Do you thrive in a more specialized, one-on-one learning environment?
- Are you a military veteran?
- Do you come from an agriculture/farming background?
If you’re ready to learn more about the MAT2 program at Baker College, visit the Baker College Mechatronics Program Page.