Take your experience to the next level.
You already have experience in your career as nurse, so we made it easy to build on your existing knowledge to obtain your baccalaureate degree (RN to BSN).
Program requirements include the following:
- An unencumbered license as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States (US), District of Columbia or US territories, or
- An unencumbered license as a RN in Canada*, or
- An active ADN student in a nursing program affiliated with Baker College.
*Canadian RNs must complete the practicum experiences of this program under the supervision of a baccalaureate nurse licensed in Canada. Successful completion of the Baker College Post-Licensure program does not qualify Canadian graduates to take the US NCLEX-RN examination.
Students who receive scholarships, grants or financial aid
Learn Your Way
Nursing (Post-Licensure) classes are taught exclusively through Baker Online. Plus, general education and prerequisite courses are typically available through Baker Online, Online Live, and on all campuses throughout Michigan.Learn More
Why Study Nursing?
Any nurse will tell you it can be a tough and demanding job, but he or she will also tell you it’s one of the most rewarding careers you can choose. This is because daily you’re helping people who need it the most. As a nurse, you will be both a caregiver and a problem solver, someone who helps heal people in mind, body and spirit. Compassion is critical, but you will also need a strong aptitude for science and critical thinking to properly treat patients. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is offered in three tracks. This degree focuses on the well-rounded practitioner with an emphasis on a liberal arts education as well as a mastery of basic nursing skills. This program is available to those students who are experienced nurses seeking to obtain their baccalaureate degree (RN to BSN track). For those nurses ready to prepare themselves for leadership positions (administration track) or educational positions, both in acute and chronic care facilities or academic settings (education track), the Master of Science in nursing (MSN) program allows nurses to build upon the knowledge and skills obtained in their practice.
Median Yearly Income
Median Salary for Executives
The Baker College Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post-Licensure) track consists of 120 credit hours (30 approved credits for RN licensure, 60 credits for a completed associate degree in nursing, and 30 hours for the nursing major).View Full Curriculum
- Unencumbered license as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States (US), District of Columbia or US territories, an unencumbered license as a RN in Canada or an active ADN student in a nursing program affliated with Baker College.
- Canadian RNs must complete the practicum experiences of this program under the supervision of a baccalaureate nurse licensed in Canada. Successful completion of the Baker College Post-Licensure program does not qualify Canadian graduates to take the US NCLEX-RN examination.
- A cumulative GPA of B- (2.7) is required for graduation. A minimum grade of B- (2.7) is required for all nursing (NUR) courses. A minimum grade of a C (2.0) is required for general education courses.
This program is offered in-person on our campuses in Cadillac, Jackson, Muskegon, Owosso, and Royal Oak. In Michigan our students come from Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Cadillac, Dearborn, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Jackson, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Owosso, Traverse City, and many other locations. Beyond Michigan, our online graduates hail from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and other states.
On Campus Unavailable
Core courses for this degree program are not offered on campus.
For those interested, a selection of general education and prerequisite courses are available on campus each semester.View campus locations
Available on Baker Online
Courses for this degree program are available through Baker Online.
100% online, this format offers flexible scheduling with 8-week semestersBaker Online
Unavailable on Online Live
Courses for this degree program are available through Online Live.
100% online with set class times, this format offers live, real-time virtual learning.Online Live