Work toward two educational goals at the same time.

High school students participate in dual enrollment by attending at least one high school course and simultaneously attending a degree-granting postsecondary institution. Courses which students are eligible for must not be offered at the high school and must lead toward accreditation, certification, and/or trade licensing. When the high school student is on the college campus, they will attend college-level classes taught by Baker College faculty and attended by Baker College students. The high school student will be responsible for providing his/her own transportation to and from class, and will be held to the same academic rigor and expectations as that of his/her classmates.

Course Limit

The course limit breakdown depends on what year a student begins dual enrollment courses and is as follows:

  • Freshman/Grade 9 = no more than 2 courses per year for freshman, sophomore, and junior years; max 4 courses in senior year.
  • Sophomore/Grade 10 = max 2 courses sophomore year; 4 courses per year for junior year and senior years.
  • Junior/Grade 11 or Senior/Grade 12 = max 6 courses per year.

Payment for Dual Enrollment is calculated by using a per credit hour amount for public schools. Payment for private/parochial schools is determined by using the Dual Enrollment Tuition Worksheet.

Student Application Process

Any student who is dual enrolling in a class must first receive approval from the high school administration or counselor.  Upon approval, the student must complete an application.

For non-public school partnerships, student may only enroll in non-essential courses. 

The application serves as both a means of enrolling students in Baker College and as a registration form; as such it is very important that all fields be filled out accurately.  The application also serves as the agreement with the high school and principal approval (signature) as required by the MDE.  Students must have approval from the high school if they 1) expect to receive both high school and college credit and 2) if they expect the school to pay for the course. 

If the school will not pay for the course; however, approves the student for taking college classes for college credit then the student may enroll and will be charged the dual enrollment rate ($120 per credit for 2018-2019 school year).

Students must meet the MDE Minimum Dual Enrollment Qualifying Scores 2016-2017 & 2017-2018

Dual enrollment students must complete BC1010R prior to taking a dual enrollment course.

Placement Options and Cut Scores

Student Application

FERPA, Emergency Contact and Internet Policy forms should be completed for all Dual Enrollment students. Click below for the forms.


Internet Policy Form

Emergency Contact Form

The student should submit the completed application, copy of their high school transcript, FERPA form, Emergency Contact Form and Internet Policy to the following email: [email protected].

What is Dual Credit International (DCI)?

The dual credit international program allows for high school students to earn college credits by completing coursework at a Baker College campus.  Students are not simultaneously enrolled in a high school; however, will be awarded high school credit for courses offered at the college.

We're Here to Help
Ready to take the next step?

Contact us today to speak with a
Baker admissions expert.

Errors highlighted in red
affiliated-institution-4 themed themed--adi